Religious Education and Values Presentations for Primary schools
– Religious Education, that’s Christian and within ethical constraints
– with Life-Skills that relate to both the faith, and schools’ values outcomes
– for private and government schools.
Christian Education (eg. Christmas, Easter, Aussies & God, Kids & God, etc.)
Christian Values (eg. Anger, Respect, Self Image, Honesty, Rules, Choices, Heroes, Gratitude, Family Living, etc) including topics that match with schools’ values curriculum.
For Topics with descriptions, see this brochure: Primary Schools brochure 2014
- The theme is presented in a bright, fast-moving and entertaining manner, using creative story-telling, upfront games, object lessons, illusions, visuals, and good humour.
- Approx 55 mins (flexible to suit the school.)
- Combined classes up to 250 students are preferred.
Series & Camps
- A series of seminars means that students can benefit from concepts that are best taught upon previous concepts. Overall more knowledge and skill is learnt and integrated, in a coordinated fashion. This way we can be much more effective with their education per hour. A great option is to have OACM come in once a term for a really good RE incursion that is fun, informative and ethical for the whole school, rather than just RE in the lower grades. OACM can even design a full 3 or 5 year program of coming in once a term and covering a comprehensive range of topics.
- Camps take this effectiveness even further by utilising a change of environment, which allows for role-modelling and informal conversations as well.
- Some topics have the best educational impact when we can train students, staff, parents, and even wider community members, with a common approach and language.
Example: The Anger Seminar contain a method of anger diffusion which can be used at school, home, and other community groups. If all community groups simultaneously learn and begin to use the method, it is far more likely to stick.